Tuesday, August 25, 2015

High Gloss Campaign desk and chair....

Happy Tuesday!
 Hope you all having a great week! As for me kinda sad to see 3 out of 4 kids back to school.  I enjoy having them all home. Hearing them laugh, play, screaming even fighting lol. Summer flew way too fast.

This past week I have been working on a new project. I was able to find this beautiful 70s campaign desk and Drexel chair.  It was in good condition. Lately, I have been stockpiling furniture in our garage. Hubby is not too happy with my new junk but I love giving them a makeover!


Came home cleaned them up, took all the hardware off.  Lightly sanded with 220 grits to just take the shine off. Wiped the hardware down and primed twice. Chosing the color I decided to do high gloss in Blue.  Must I say High gloss paint is a pain. I should have known. I did high gloss a couple years ago on another furniture piece that took  many coats. Well this campaign took 5 long coats. The key to high gloss finish is Patience!! The end result was great!

 I used Rub n Buff silver leaf on all hardware. First time I am using this stuff is amazing. Best is to rub it with your finger to get even coats on it.  I totally forgot to take a picture while painting through the desk. Once, I had hardware painted next was to put them back on. NOW this is the part where I went online searching to figure out how the hell do I put these corners back on.  I struggled so much with the 1st 3 corners. The nails wouldn't go in and using a mallet didn't help much. With NO help on internet on how to replace these back on I went out in the garage looking at my husband's tools I found this drill. See below pictures I used a very thin drill to open up the holes again.
Make sure it's the same size as the hole before.

Once you drill all the holes all you have to do is push the nails right in! Goes in so smooth I had to redo the 3 other corners again and use new nails. After, all that  hard work in the heat! I absolutely love this desk.
                                                          New chair fabric
                                                                   Vintage  Desk
Smooth, glossy and vibrant blue at the end! All worth it! I am ready to take on a new project! 
Major redo! What do you guys think?
Have a blessed Week!
Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment