Saturday, August 1, 2015

DIY Crate side table..

I needed  something to cover up my speakers in the family room. Thanks to my lovely husband he has to have speakers in every corner of the family room. Drives me insane to see them! The 1 big size speaker near the couch and t.v. is the one I want to cover up. I am in love with the idea of using crates to decorate and thought to make it like a table.  As you can see I have 4 speakers there. Plus, 2 more in back of couch.

So, hubby ended up cutting all the wood to the size. Using 2 x 2s and 1 x 3 x 8 boards. Leaving gaps in between the boards.

 Finally, looking like a table or a cage?

Left it open in the back!
Once he finished nailing it was my time to sand the edges a little. Then the fun part begins. I made my own stain with steel wool and apple cider vinegar. This stuff really works! Stained it then once dried I gave it some rough 80grit sanding to make the wood look aged.
                               As you can see below I am using  steel wool and apple cider to stain


Final results no more looking at the speaker. It's hidden....

Looking much better!

Have a blessed day!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment