Friday, August 14, 2015

Nightstand makeover to a Faux Library card catalog dresser

So excited to see how this little nightstand had a cute face lift! I have been wanting to have a library card catalog dresser for a while now with no luck in craigslist. Thanks to my mother's neighbor who had the estate sale She showed me some of her furniture pieces and I knew this little 9 knobs night stand was perfect for my project! Turning this small dresser into a Faux Library card dresser.
I sanded it down starting with 80 grits, 120 grits, and last 220 grits. Thank god for my little helper here! He did an amazing job sanding it.

                                                                  Such a great helper!
All sanded and bottom legs off. Now for the legs I left that up to Hubby to do. He came up with a cute idea. 

Once he added the legs I took over to paint it. I used whatever paint colors I had at home 
I painted a medium gray color.  Order the library card pulls and had hubby put them for me.

 I'm super happy how this little dresser turned out!
Have a great day!!
Maria

2 comments: