Wednesday, September 2, 2015

DIY Galvanized pipe desk lamp

Happy Wednesday! Do you remember My library card dresser? Well it's empty on top and my mind was scrambling what to put on it. I really wanted a vintage electric fan but it was out of my price range. Until one day I walked in HomeGoods and saw a cute vintage pipe lamp. Took a picture of it showed it to my husband. He tells me he can try to make one similar to it. Off to Home Depot he goes and buys all kinds of steel pipes and electrial wire.

Total cost of all this was around $80 to make it. Once, leaving Home depot my husband hands me the keys to drive. Next thing I see him looking at all the pipes and starts working on them in the car. Finally, we get home he starts putting all the pipes together and then the light and boom! It's done. Honestly, it took him about 25 minutes all together.  Gathering all the pieces of papers I can tell you what he bought.

Different sizes of pipe nipples
strain relief fitting
Mpt coupling
Fpt coupling
tees
90 degree elbows
Light bulb
Lamp kit..





                                                                   Testing it
                                                                    Yay It works!



 Love that it goes perfect on top of my catalog dresser!

Thanks for stopping by
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment