Saturday, August 8, 2015

New Face lift for my milk jug....

Finally, it's done!  We went to home depot and Hubby picked up a ready round wood for the table top after I had to make a quick stop to Joann's Fabric store for something else. I ended up finding a cute black/white milk sign. My idea was to stick it on the jug. Well, thanks to my wonderful husband he said NO we won't do that. He had a better idea. Told me not to touch the jug or tabletop. Working in the garage for another project hubby takes the milk sign traces it and decides to fit it to the wood top.  Excellent choice he made! Took him a little over an hour to cut the the top. I must say for the 1st time attempting this, he did a very good job! Thanks Sweetie!



Back to work again once he finished I put some wood filler, then glued the top down. Sanded around the top. Stained it with my favorite stain. Steel wool and apple cider vinegar. This time I also used coffee with it! Gave it like a weathered wood grain top finish. Next added poly to it. Last hubby got the top attached to the jug!
                                                            Remember looking rusty and plain
                                                                       Now final results
                                            Love how it came out from looking like this too.....

THIS




Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

3 comments: