Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ways to reuse scrap wood

We have lots of scrap wood in our garage and wanted to find ways to reuse the little pieces of wood. So, I decided to try mod podge a photo on a 5x7 MDF wood.  My first photo was printed from card stock paper. It did not come out so good as you can see the strikes from the mod podge. The 2nd photo came out better than the first.


 Cut a piece of scrap wood the size you want
  mod podge
  scissors
  paint


 You see the strikes on this photo above. I think I added to much mod podge to it!
Once you have the size of your choice, then you paint the edges the color you want. I did black on both since the were black & white photos. The first photo I mod podge  the wood, back of the photo & on top photo. The 2nd photo (pic with my 2 boys together) I  put mod podge behind the photo ONLY. You really need  a very very thin layer of mod podge. Get a piece of cloth once you put the photo on the wood. Slowly rub all around so the photo won't bubble. Let it dry for 20 minutes. Then get a dry sponge and smudge around the edges with black paint ( or any color you using). Last enjoy your pictures.

Thanks for stopping by!
Marianthi

No comments:

Post a Comment