Monday, February 15, 2016

French Provincial desk before and after

So, this  little desk was found by my Mother. She called me and said I bought a desk for you from someone in her community was moving  and selling furniture. The very next day I picked it up from her house ( I was impressed that she picked up a cute little French style desk) and brought it home. After, looking at the desk I knew this desk was going to be a pain. Stickers on top and 2 or 3 different coats of white paint slap on body of desk.




First, I started on top to remove all the stickers carefully. The big stickers were not so bad to get off but the little ones were a pain. Using Goof off and Mineral spirit to get stickers off.  Now the body part. I tried to smooth the paint out but It didn't work much. Here is a picture I took while I was already adding strip gel to it. Hard to see on picture. 

 Left it overnight for the gel to kick in. Next day peeled all the paint off sanded and cleaned it up. Painted color is between silver/light grey color with gold accents. After, several hours of labor it came out gorgeous. 








                                                        ( Sold) Thank you Denise!

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a blessed day

6 comments:

  1. I love it not only is is beautiful it seems like it was crafted with the passion and heart of someone who enjoys what they are doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank you for the kind words. People like you make this a lot more rewarding. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Love it.

    ReplyDelete