Monday, February 8, 2016

Antique Decoupage Desk Makeover

I transformed this plain boring antique desk into a beautiful contemporary piece. When, I brought this desk home it was in good condition. After, it sat in the garage for a few days, finally I decided how I wanted this desk to be done.

Cleaned it and didn't bother to sand it. It was smooth like new.

Just so you know this desk was done awhile back about 2 or 3 weeks before Christmas. My lovely husband surprised me with an early Christmas gift. He got me a Wagner spray gun! So, he wanted to see how it works on this desk. As you can see it got it's first coat of primer on.
Before testing it on desk we practiced on huge cardboard to understand how it works and adjust it. After 2 coats of primer next was to be painted black and last was the sealer. Thanks to my husband for painting this desk for me.
While my husband was spray painting, I started working on the drawers. I bought this cute paper stock to decoupage the drawers.  Here are the drawers using 2 different types of stock paper

Gave them a nice few coats of sealer. Next, Spray painted the original knobs black.




Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: