Monday, October 5, 2015

Refinished Antique desk

Happy Monday all!!
Today's post is another antique desk. When I brought this. I had to replace the back plywood and the legs. The legs were broken in some places. I couldn't save
them. Forgive me as I forgot to take a picture of it. Here it is as we are working on it.



                                                          Here is the bottom leg
This desk was Solid Heavy Wood! Before I started to patch up the holes and paint it. Had to figure out what kind of legs to use. Went shopping and find these round legs. Once we got the legs screwed. 

I started to fill the scratches and holes. Sanded it down to its grain. Prime it and painted it starting bottom up. Using white glossy paint for bottom. Next, I came to the top I bought me some general finish java gel stain. I am going to be honest with you at first I hated it. It's very messy and after 3 coats It still needed more. Last 6 coats later it came out to the T! The stain made it perfectionist look! 




Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment