Thursday, October 15, 2015

DIY Pumpkin burlap coffee bag

Hi all!


I had this old coffee bean bag for a few year's now. I was planning on using it for my laundry room but never came to it. Trying to figure out what to do with it. I came up with an idea to make a pumpkin from it.

It's very easy to do! First, I painted the bag orange. Using a sponge brush to paint it was not so easy, but since I already had orange paint in hand I went a long with it.  (spray paint is best option)
 Leaving 1/3 of it brown on top. Once paint dried, I got out the black garbage plastic bag and started to fill it  with bunch of newspapers or scrap paper.
Once, I got it filled to where I wanted it, I used a thick rubber band to tie the top. I made my boys to cut the eyes, nose and mouth out of felt fabric. Using adhesive glue I added the felt to the burlap bag. Last, I finished decorating the top with some Raffia and leaves.
Cute burlap coffee pumpkin bag!!


Thanks for stopping by!
Maria

2 comments: