Friday, December 4, 2015

Vintage Decoupage Desk Makeover

Hi all,

I saw this desk on craigslist and knew I had to have it! The person I bought it from said he had this desk for year's. He told me that it was made in 1930s-1940s.

To be honest this desk surprised me as I brought it home! The drawers are very sturdy and different.

It has dividers inside and a hook in the back end so it can lock. Sadly, I have no key to unlock it but it's still a unique desk.  

                       

Well, I cleaned out this desk lightly sanded it with 180 grits. I knew this desk was perfect to decoupage in vintage style.

 Trying to decide which paper to go with for the drawers.  Ended up with the lighter paper...

Spray painted the knobs...

 Once, done I painted the body antique white and top java gel stain. At the end it came out pretty sweet!







 Must admit I'm loving to decoupage lately!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment